Monday, October 3, 2016

My 1st Christmas Cards with Stamp of Approval Candy Cane Lane


Since I just started stamping in February 2016, I have never made Christmas cards by hand. I have purchased 2 other SOA boxes & loved them, so I knew the SOA Christmas box would be perfect for my 1st Christmas cards and it just happened to also be around the same time I heard about World Card Making Day.
I wasn't sure what to start with first...I made several candy cane striped panels & tried several different things...some I liked & some I didn't.
I'm very proud & excited about the cards I did make. While making these cards, I realized I need to make a TON of Christmas cards this year. People I work with, my husband works with. We belong to 2 car clubs & have a lot of friends in each club, family, friends..so somewhere around 50 -70 cards...I will mass produce some cards that are mostly alike for about half of them, but the others, I will try to change them up.
Last I heard, this SOA Candy Cane Lane collection is almost SOLD out. Here is the link if you are interested & are quick: http://cpstampofapproval.com/.
All Stamps & Dies for the 4 cards below are from the Stamp of Approval Candy Cane Lane collection.

Here are my cards. If you have any questions, please let me know.
All Lawn Fawn ink: Freshly Cut Grass, Lobster, SugarPlum, Fish Tank, Merman, Guava, Doe, Black Licorice
Used Copic markers to color in ornaments, but didn't write down colors
Card Stock: Neenah Super Smooth Solar White 80#
Popped label up on foam tape

Ink: Delicata Silvery Shimmer
Lawn Fawn ink: Peacock, SugarPlum, Sunflower, Plastic Flamingo
Red Paper: Recollections
White paper:  Neenah Super Smooth Solar White 80#
Merry is embossed with Wow Gold embossing powder, 2 times
Embossed background with Versamark & Wow super fine clear embossing powder

Background ink: Delicata Silvery Shimmer
Lawn Fawn ink: Jalapeno, Lobster, Noble Fir, Sunflower
Paper:  Neenah Super Smooth Solar White 80#
Joy die cut is Lobster direct to paper & die cut out


Wow Gold embossing powder
bib on deer: Stampendous green sparkle embossing powder
Paper: Neenah Super Smooth Solar White 80#
Lawn Fawn ink: Freshly cut grass, Lobster
Red paper: Recollections




I also made some other cards for World Cardmaking Day.

The 1st card are some fall leaves just to say Hello.
I used Ranger watercolor paper and used several colors to make all the fall colors (Spiced Marmalade, Abandoned Coral, Squeezed Lemonade, Mowed Lawn, Pine Needles, Barn Door) I used 2 of the watercolor papers (cut to A2 card size) and did the orange/red colors on one & the green colors on the other. I then used my Lawn Fawn Stitched leaves to cut of the leaves. I arranged them on kraft cardstock, glued them down with Ranger Multi Matte and then cut them all out with the largest stitched rectangle from Lawn Fawn. I then used a hello die I have from  Katscrappiness (www.katscrappiness.com) and die cut it from black cardstock I have from Recollections. I cut some vellum about 1 inch wide & 5 long and glued the hello die cut with Ranger Multi Matte then folded the vellum over the edges of the kraft cardstock and glued in place.Then glued kraft cardstock onto a A2 white card base.

 




For my 2nd card I did a fun Candy Corn Trick or Treat card. I used the Trick or Treat stamp set from Lawn Fawn for this card.
I started with Neenah Super Smooth Solar White 80# paper, stamped the Candy Corns every which way onto it with Verafine Onyx Black Ink then embossed over that with Wow Superfine Clear Embossing powder (since I tend to smear black ink very easily) and used some Copic markers to color the orange & yellow areas (sorry didn't write down colors).

I then got some black cardstock from Recollections stamped the Trick or Treat sentiment in the middle of the paper with Wow White Embossing powder and heat set. I then stamped the bats with Versamark ink & used Wow Clear embossing powder to heat set keep them tone on tone but noticeable. I used the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangle die to cut out the Trick or Treat area. I then popped that up on some fun foam (from Joann's). I attached the candy corn panel to a piece of black cardstock then applied all the whole thing to an A2 cardbase.


Here are both the cards together...which I finished around midnight Saturday...great way to end world cardmaking day.





Now that I've had my fun making my 1st Christmas cards & World Card Making Day/Weekend...I head off to clean my craft room...lol

Thank you for checking out my blog & cards!

~Cassie~


No comments:

Post a Comment